This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines in Relative Chart

I've made a Relative Chart after marking my grandparents descendants, and my fathers ancestors. This chart looks good except for one thing; the connection lines between my grandparents and their parents.
    Is it possible to have the same type of line between a person and his parents as the line between a couple and their child? Now the line goes from one person to the father, I want this line to go in the middle of the parents
    Attached Files

Re: Lines in Relative Chart

In order to deal with all the people attached to the separate branches in a relative chart, it's pretty much mandatory to have angled connecting line in generations above the source person, although I have sometimes manually edited to combine spouses in a single box where a branch ends.

It sounds like you're interested in creating an hourglass chart, and in the past the only way to make one in Reunion that looks like a standard pedigree chart (without the angled lines) that flows into a descendant chart was to make the two charts separately and paste one into the other. That may still be the way you want to do it if you want lots of control over appearance, but Reunion 10 has a much quicker way.

All you have to do is select Tree View in the Navbar, select the Hourglass option and generation count, navigate to who you want to be the pinch in the hourglass, and then Share to Preview/Print.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks!
      I agree, much quicker and close to what I was looking for :-)

Comment

It's one of my favorite additions to Reunion.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X