X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts starting from oldest ancestor to present

Hi,

I'm new to this Talk. I would like a PDF chart to give all my relatives starting from our most ancient common ancestor down to the most recent. I can probably do this in reverse but I find it more helpful to do this from the most ancient. I want the male and females lines included. Thanks in advance.

Culi

Re: Charts starting from oldest ancestor to present

Originally posted by mogyorosy View Post
    I would like a PDF chart to give all my relatives starting from our most ancient common ancestor down to the most recent.
    What you're describing sounds like an upside-down pedigree chart.
    Create a pedigree chart with the number of generations you want.
    When it opens, go to the "Tree" menu and select "Orientation", and then select "Bottom-to-Top".
    To make a .pdf chart, you save it (or export it, I forget which R9 uses) as a graphic file and select ".pdf" as the format.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      What you're describing sounds like an upside-down pedigree chart.
      Create a pedigree chart with the number of generations you want.
      When it opens, go to the "Tree" menu and select "Orientation", and then select "Bottom-to-Top".
      To make a .pdf chart, you save it (or export it, I forget which R9 uses) as a graphic file and select ".pdf" as the format.
      Thanks so much. I'll try it.

Comment

Thanks. That did work. But I want ALL my ancestors in one chart showing all relations. Aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandparents and others, etc. How can I do that? I am unable to do it now.

Thanks

Comment

Sounds like you want is a Relative Chart. Starting with a source person (you) you can select the number of generations up (ancestor) and down (descendants) to show. It will include your parents and their siblings and spouses, grandparents and their siblings and spouses, etc. It will include all descendants and their spouses.
          Tom Boyd
          boydroots.net

Comment

Originally posted by thboyd View Post
            Sounds like you want is a Relative Chart. Starting with a source person (you) you can select the number of generations up (ancestor) and down (descendants) to show. It will include your parents and their siblings and spouses, grandparents and their siblings and spouses, etc. It will include all descendants and their spouses.
            Thanks Tom. I will try that.

AM

Comment

Working...
            X