This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foster child

Is there a way to mark a child as a foster child?

Re: Foster child

Originally posted by Shelbyw View Post
    Is there a way to mark a child as a foster child?
    You can use a Flag for that purpose.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Steve's suggestion is probably the most searchable option, but if you simply want the person highlighted in the family view, you can go to the Child Status area of Reunion Preferences and create a new "Fostered" status to apply to the child.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        Steve's suggestion is probably the most searchable option, but if you simply want the person highlighted in the family view, you can go to the Child Status area of Reunion Preferences and create a new "Fostered" status to apply to the child.
        Oops! I messed up. I didn't mean to say Flags for this purpose. In fact, I have an individual in my own family file who was identified as a foster child and I used a Child Status for that, not a Flag. Mea culpa.
        Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Steve W. Jackson View Post
          Oops! I messed up. I didn't mean to say Flags for this purpose. In fact, I have an individual in my own family file who was identified as a foster child and I used a Child Status for that, not a Flag. Mea culpa.
          I think applying both indicators to a person might be the best way of all. It's hard to search directly on child statuses (stati?) but a flag isn't very visible when browsing. Each helps out with the other's weakness.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
          X