This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem w/ sources

I have 181 sources listed in my Reunion file. Today I was looking in the manual to see what would happen to my sources already entered if I changed the source type or at least changed the some of the fields to be included. Somehow, I pushed the wrong button or hit a wrong key or did something wrong. I now only have 44 sources listed when I attempt to open the source sidebar. I can go to a family record and click on any citing, say 179 and the source card will open but I cannot get the entire source list in my sidebar. What did I do wrong and how can I get my entire list of sources back. I have been working for the past three months to clean up my source list and now I've lost almost the entire thing! HELP!!!!!!!

Re: problem w/ sources

Hi Ed,

In the Sources sidebar, check the "Type" drop-down found at the top of the sidebar and make sure it's set to "Any Type". Also, if there is any text in the search box to the right of the "Type" drop-down, delete that text.

Let us know if the problem persists. Thanks!
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

thanks for your quick response. However, that is not the problem. The type box has any type entered and the search box with the magnifying glass is empty. Anything else you might suggest?

Comment

Problem solved! After a lot of harrowing concerns, I managed to get my sources back-all of them!! I still don't know what I did wrong but I can't tell you how relieved I am to get my source list back intact.
        I do have a time capsule but the last backup was earlier today but I've done a lot of work on it since then and I didn't want to have to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Storey View Post
          Problem solved! After a lot of harrowing concerns, I managed to get my sources back-all of them!! SNIP...
          What did you do to correct the problem?
          Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
          Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Working...
          X