This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source List Report

I created a Source List Report so that I can go through all my sources and tidy them up.

It has generated Person number followed by the source details, so far so good.

When I type that Person number into Reunion 10.0.5 a different person is found and the Person ID is not the same number as that generated in the Source List Report.

How do I find the correct persons by this number ?

Thanks for any guidance.

Yvonne REEDS
    researching: LAIT (all) and REEDS (all) in England
    http://www.yvonnereeds.com
    MacBook Air, Reunion 12, Safari 15.

Re: Source List Report

First, a clarification: If you're looking at sources (either in the sidebar or in the List window) and you click the Share button, then you're generating a list of sources, by number. The list does not contain person id numbers.

If you're looking at sources (either in the sidebar or in the List window) and you click the Tools button and select Create Usage Report for All Sources, then each line of the resulting report will contain: source number, person or family numbers where the source is used, and citation detail.

I'm not sure where/what you mean when you say "When I type that Person number into Reunion 10.0.5"

You can show the People sidebar and type in the id number into the search box.

Or, if you're using the little window that appears (when you click the person id number in the family view, or press Command - G) then be sure you're not mixing up the "find person" with the "find family."
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

In the Tools button I selected Create a Usage Report for All Sources which does, as you say, contain: source number, person or family numbers where the source is used and citation detail. It is this 'person or family number' that I am referring to - it does not correspond with Person ID number when I go to search for that specific person in my family file using Command G.

Are the Person ID number and the 'person or family number' generated in the Usage Report for All Sources not that same ?

What I am trying to do is locate the person referred to in the Source List Report by number, using the 'person or family number where the source is used' generated by the report but it does not seem to be the same as Person ID number.

Yvonne

Comment

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for clarifying.

We can't duplicate any similar problem here; so we recommend sending your family file to: help@leisterpro.com

We'll take a look at it here and see if there's something in the family file that may be tripping the report generator.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi Frank,

I think I have it figured out.

Going through the list in the Source Usage Report, I was looking at Source No. 1 which is the 1841 Census. Looking at Person 864 (as generated by the Report) and then finding Person ID 864 in my family file, I have figured out that it is a child of Person 862. On looking further down the list in the Source Usage Report, I find Person 863 (another child), Person 865 (yet another child) and Person 862 the parent (all using the same 1841 Census source).

So in fact the Person number generated by the Source Usage Report is in fact the same number as Person ID in my family file.

It has taken me a bit of going through the Source Usage Report slowly to figure this out.

There is no need for me to send my family file to you, as it does seem to be working as expected. I do thank you for your time and patience in helping me figure this out.

Yvonne

Comment

Working...
          X