This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family View children

In Family View, in the list of children for a couple appearing at the bottom of screen, when the mouse is hovered over the silhoette or picture of a child if there is one, three small black lines appear.

I have double clicked on these 3 lines and that has resulted in the list of all children sort of squashing up together, rather than how they used to appear, nicely spaced out. I have tried doing it again to revert back to normal, but no joy.

Can anybody tell me how to get them to appear back how they were please.

Thanks for any help.

Yvonne Reeds
    Attached Files
    researching: LAIT (all) and REEDS (all) in England
    http://www.yvonnereeds.com
    MacBook Air, Reunion 12, Safari 15.

Re: Family View children

Originally posted by Reeds Family View Post
    In Family View, in the list of children for a couple appearing at the bottom of screen, when the mouse is hovered over the silhoette or picture of a child if there is one, three small black lines appear.
    These signal that if you click, you will open the multimedia window for that person. Single click, not double.

Originally posted by Reeds Family View Post
    I have double clicked on these 3 lines and that has resulted in the list of all children sort of squashing up together, rather than how they used to appear, nicely spaced out. I have tried doing it again to revert back to normal, but no joy.
    I think it probably happened by means other than double-clicking the silhouette. But it sounds like you've somehow switched the view on the family card. In the upper left hand corner you should see "Family View" with "Default" and a down-pointing arrow. (If you usually use the default view, it should be check in the list you see if you click there. If it isn't, select it and see if you're back to normal.) If there's still a problem, click and select "Family view preferences..." from that menu, and a window will open. Near the top, you'll se a row of icons that are a sort of map of the family view with different portions in red (labelled, left to right, Children, Couple, and Parents). Click on the icon that says "Children".

I think that you want to make sure that the "Show preferred pictures in child buttons" is checked.

Or it may be that the setting for "Show buttons in a list" has been altered. Play around with the settings; they take effect immediately, so you can be sure if you want to do that specific thing.

Once you've got the view back to the way you want it, just close that window.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thank you for your detailed instructions Dennis which I have followed step by step, but after trying each one out, it still does not alter the view back to the way that it used to appear. The closest I came to that was when I de-selected the "Show buttons in a list" option which of course also stopped them from appearing in list form, which is not how I had it either.

Just for the record, I definitely double clicked on the three lines that appear over the silhouette because I was trying to see what would happen, and now I appear to have changed something that I am unable to rectify easily.

This is how it used to appear in family view.

Yvonne
      Attached Files

Comment

If you click-and-drag the "three lines" (called a handle) downward for any of the child photos this should make all the child photos larger and effectively increase the spacing of text between the children. Conversely if you click-and-drag the handle upward (as I think you must have done originally) this will shrink the size of the child photos and effectively crowd the spacing of the children.
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Thanks Byron that did the trick, I didn't realise that those three lines acted like a handle. Now I have my family view back to the way I like it, I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out on my own - thanks to Dennis and Byron for your help, always appreciated.

Yvonne

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
            If you click-and-drag the "three lines" (called a handle) downward for any of the child photos this should make all the child photos larger and effectively increase the spacing of text between the children.
            Excellent diagnosis! My next guess was going to be font size, but you clearly win the kewpie doll on this one.
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
            X