Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web Report Style Preferences - Standard 2 format?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Report Style Preferences - Standard 2 format?

Hello,

Because my Mac G5 died a few weeks ago, I have had to transfer all of my reunion files to my mac laptop. I have the old hard disks and have been able to retrieve photos and the reunion files. The problem I have is in the presentation of the updated files. I appears that on my old mac I had a Web web report preferences for style that included "Standard 1 format", and "Standard 2 format". With my newly installed version 10.0.6 on my laptop, I have "Standard 1

Re: Web Report Style Preferences - Standard 2 format?

[QUOTE=Patrick923;38617]Hello,

Because my Mac G5 died a few weeks ago, I have had to transfer all of my reunion files to my mac laptop. I have the old hard disks and have been able to retrieve photos and the reunion files. The problem I have is in the presentation of the updated files. I appears that on my old mac I had a Web web report preferences for style that included "Standard 1 format", and "Standard 2 format". With my newly installed version 10.0.6 on my laptop, I have "Standard 1
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

On a related note about opening that User Library. I added that Library's folder to the sidebar of the Finder window so that I have immediate access without doing finger tricks.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Possibly. My guess is you either renamed a format or you created a new format. After a fresh install of Reunion 10, you should see these formats: Default (or Standard), Dotted, Double, Inset Shadow, and Standard 1. There is no Standard 2.
        OK...I am really rusty at this but am slowly coming up to speed, so to speak. I see on the website that I made for my wife's family:

that there is indeed a standard2. Years ago I snagged it, somehow, from a fellow Reunion User, and you can see the style sheet on both the home page and web card pages on the goodbadandugly web site.

Somehow, in the transition from my old files on G5 to the new files on my laptop, the code on my goodbadandugly site changed, I think. Maybe I changed it, or maybe the original was made in Reunion 9. I don't know.

Now, when I make new web reports the home page looks just like the one you can see on the boodbadandugly site, but the web card pages look entirely different.

I think I will have to go back to the html code and do some editing there. I'm just guessing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick923 View Post
          ...I see on the website that I made for my wife's family:

that there is indeed a standard2...Maybe I changed it, or maybe the original was made in Reunion 9.
          This was made using Reunion 9. To verify this, open any page on that web site and choose View -> View Source. You will see "<!-- R9.0c -->" just after the closing head tag.

Now, when I make new web reports the home page looks just like the one you can see on the boodbadandugly site, but the web card pages look entirely different.

I think I will have to go back to the html code and do some editing there.
          It would be helpful to see what you are referring to. If web space is not an issue, please upload your most recent web report and post a link to it.

Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to post a reply. I've been ill.

Anyway, in looking at the differences between Reunion 9 and 10, at first glance it appears that getting under the hood and "rolling your own" CSS is harder to do with version 10 than it was with version 9. It looks to me as if there are not as many options for style sheets....and there are more restrictions.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussions on ReunionTalk about CSS style sheets. Am I looking in the right place?

Best Regards,

Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

The difference you're seeing with the web project style is the result of the style from Reunion 9 that you were using no longer existing in Reunion 10. For the most part, we rebuilt the styles from the ground up in 10, though we did carry over some parts of certain stylesheets from 9.

...at first glance it appears that getting under the hood and "rolling your own" CSS is harder to do with version 10 than it was with version 9.
              I wouldn't say it's harder, but it is different. There are now three style settings -- Font, Format, and Color -- to choose from for web projects. You'll see folders for all of these in your Home/Library/Application Support/Reunion/Web Styles/ folder. Aside from the separating out of style settings, there isn't a whole lot of difference in how you would go about modifying a "style".

If you want to create you own "style", you would likely want to start by duplicating and existing Format and modifying it to your liking. E.g., make a copy of the Standard 1 format and change the CSS as you'd like. Be sure to edit the "details.txt" file in the Format folder for your new Format to give it a unique title.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussions on ReunionTalk about CSS style sheets. Am I looking in the right place?
              There isn't much discussion about it anymore, because most of our users don't have the inclination to create their own web styles. Since releasing Reunion 10, less than a handful of users have contacted us about creating their own web styles.

I hope this information is helpful,
              Last edited by Mark; 03 September 2013, 01:55 PM.
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hello again,

Yes, the information you provided is actually very helpful. I'm going to try to follow your instructions and suggestions. I'll be back in a week or so to let you know how well I do.

One question just to help me out with this. I see an option on R-10/Web Projects/Web Preferences/Repots that allows for the importation of cover pages. Will imported cover pages I import keep any CSS styles I include in the cover page I want to import? Is information about that included in the manual? I have looked, but not extensively, for that information in the manual. Maybe I just haven't seen it yet. Very possible. That information might be helpful for me. I figure the option to import cover pages is there for a reason.

Thank you.....

Patrick
                Last edited by Patrick923; 08 September 2013, 10:25 AM. Reason: ask a question about importing cover page.

Comment

One question just to help me out with this. I see an option on R-10/Web Projects/Web Preferences/Repots that allows for the importation of cover pages.
                  The import option is just for importing text into the "Intro" field, it can't be used to import an entire cover page (or any HTML, for that matter). It can only be used to import from TXT/RTF files. Note that any rich text formatting in RTF files will not get imported.

If you would like to create your own cover page, the best option is to replace the automatically generated cover page after the web project has been created.
                  Mark Harrison
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X