This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Records that have more than 12 Events

I am working with a family member that is on Family Tree Maker 2012. Working with Ancestry support, they referenced me to a document on their help system that said that if the imported record has more than 12 events for a person, events 13 and beyond will be dropped. Unfortunately, if I had more than 12 events, the Death info might get dropped.

Is there a way to find any people in my Reunion file that have more than 12 events? We have entered some events that probably are not that important for an export, but I don't think there is a way to exclude certain events from the export out of Reunion when I create the GEDCOM file. So if I had a list of records that exceeded 12 events, I would edit the GEDCOM before importing it into Family Tree Maker.

Thanks

Re: Finding Records that have more than 12 Events

Originally posted by ctoc000 View Post
    Is there a way to find any people in my Reunion file that have more than 12 events?
    There is no way to do a search for people with more than 12 events. However, you may find the Field Preferences/Usage window helpful in determining which fields to not include in the Gedcom file.

To access the Field Preferences/Usage window, choose Reunion -> Preferences and select Fields. Then, select Usage.

I recommend looking for Person event fields (other than Birth, Death and Burial) with a high count. To see a list of people who use a particular field, select that field. Then, click the "Find" button at the bottom. Reunion will open the Results sidebar listing the names of those who use that field.

I'm guessing you will find a couple fields having a high count and are being used by relatively few people. If so, you may want to exclude those fields from your Gedcom export.

Originally posted by ctoc000 View Post
    ...I don't think there is a way to exclude certain events from the export out of Reunion when I create the GEDCOM file...
    As suggested above, it is possible to exclude certain fields from a Gedcom file being exported from Reunion. In order to do so, choose File -> Export -> Gedcom. Then, click on the Optional Fields tab. Finally, uncheck the "Export" box for the field you want to exclude.

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Last edited by Deb; 19 August 2013, 03:18 PM.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X