X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening .cht files from Windows versions of Gen/Reunion

Hello,

I have some .CHT file charts created in a Windows version of this software, Generations 4.2.

They appear in a list of files on my flash drive, but I have been unable to open them on my 2012 all in one i-mac, which is the 500 GB version, running on OSX 10.7 Lion.

Has anyone had any similar problems and can share any solutions they found ?

Thank you.

Re: opening .cht files from Windows versions of Gen/Reunion

Originally posted by Paul P. View Post
    Hello,

I have some .CHT file charts created in a Windows version of this software, Generations 4.2.

They appear in a list of files on my flash drive, but I have been unable to open them on my 2012 all in one i-mac, which is the 500 GB version, running on OSX 10.7 Lion.

Has anyone had any similar problems and can share any solutions they found ?

Thank you.
    I don't have any solution, but I offer this link for more explanation on .CHT extension (it effectively mentions that, among other software, Sierra Generations was producing charts with this extension) :

All about CHT cheat codes. Details for the CHT file extension and how to open a CHT file. Filext.com
    Réal Rodrigue {Rodrigue, Rioux, Labrecque, Pearson ...}
    http://www.rodrigue.phpnet.org/
    Reunion 10.0.6 & 11.0.6; Reunion for iPad; Reunion for iPhone
    MacBook Pro — OSX 10.10.5 ; iPhone 5 — iOS 9.0.2 ; iPad Mini 2 Retina — iOS 9.0.2
    Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Comment

Re: opening .cht files from Windows versions of Gen/Reunion

Paul P---

I have an older PC with Generations 5 on it.

I would be glad to "try" to open one of your .cht (chart) files for you as a test.

As I recall, Generations 5 only allowed saving in .cht or .wmf formats....however, I do have some software that could open a .wmf file and save it in another graphic file format (e.g. jpeg or bmp, etc.)....assuming the test "try" attempt works....and if that would be helpful to you.

Anyway, if you would like me to do a test for you, let me know and I will provide my e-mail address so you can send me a .cht file for a test--run.

Troy---

Comment

Working...
      X