This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing multiple records with same information in one event field

I poked around to see if my question has been answered, but couldn't find any information. In cleaning up my "places" database, I found the letter "Y" for 130 persons. All of these people have "Y" in the death event and nothing else - no death date, in other words. Just "Y" (for yes) dead. Is there a way to remove this "Y" from the database without editing each record? Editing 130 records is not something I'm looking forward to ...

Thanks!

Re: Editing multiple records with same information in one event field

This probably isn't the answer you're hoping for, but the only way to do it is manually (and in the time since you posted this you could have done it <g>)

The best you could do is do a Find those records so that they are open in a Found List.

Then use that list to show the Death place field in a column.

Then you can edit the entries in that column to remove the Y

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post

Roger
      I generated a list of the people that have "Death Place" = "Y", but I'm unclear about the next step. How do I edit the people in that list to remove the "Y"?

Thanks!

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post

The best you could do is do a Find those records so that they are open in a Found List.

Roger
        O.K. I figured it out. I did a Find, then clicked on the "column" icon at the bottom of that list to generate a "List Results" table. Then, I changed the last column to the right from the default to "Death Place" and the "Y" appeared. Clicking on each row once, waiting a few seconds, and then clicking again allowed me to delete the "Y". Then, I clicked on the green check mark at the lower left and saved the set. Perhaps I didn't have to do that, but I did.

I'm not a "power" user of Reunion 10 at all, so I really had no idea that I could do this. I thought that I would have to open each record and delete that "Y". Your reply showed me a much faster way to do the work, a way that I did not know existed. Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
        X