This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email field

Can I add the email field in the Contact Info menu to a chart?

Re: Multimedia comments field

I spent some time playing around with this, and it seems that the answer is, not directly. Because the contact information is handled differently than other person and family data, it's not directly available in chart define layouts, and there doesn't seem to be a way to move the contact info into another field that can be included.

If you have a small number of emails, the easiest thing might be to create a new email fact, do a Find on Contact Info/Email-->Is Not-->"" (""meaning a blank search field), and then use the found list to manually enter the email info in the new fact field.

An alternative might be to export your family file to a gedcom file, edit the tags in the exported file to create a new separate email fact, and import into a new family file. That would be enough work though to be worth it only if you have lots of email addresses to deal with.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Multimedia comments field

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      I spent some time playing around with this, and it seems that the answer is, not directly. Because the contact information is handled differently than other person and family data, it's not directly available in chart define layouts, and there doesn't seem to be a way to move the contact info into another field that can be included.

If you have a small number of emails, the easiest thing might be to create a new email fact, do a Find on Contact Info/Email-->Is Not-->"" (""meaning a blank search field), and then use the found list to manually enter the email info in the new fact field.

An alternative might be to export your family file to a gedcom file, edit the tags in the exported file to create a new separate email fact, and import into a new family file. That would be enough work though to be worth it only if you have lots of email addresses to deal with.
      Tks Tim - have been busy for some time.
      I'll try the first option - its only about 50 persons so not too big
      Last edited by Deb; 15 October 2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X