This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHARTS - formatting

CHARTS: I think I will like the new charts, but they are difficult to modify.
    Is there a way to make the Text Toolbar STAY on the left column? I go crazy everytime I need it, trying different things to bring it up so I can modify the font size etc. Is there a video to help?.

Re: CHARTS - formatting

I'm not aware of an existing video, but it sounds like it might be worth adding to our still small collection of how to videos.

The key to editing charts in the last few versions of Reunion is selecting the boxes you want to edit. Once they're selected, the appropriate actions are available in the tool bar on the left. You can select all boxes by going in the top menu to Object->Select->All boxes.

You can also click on boxes to select them (and they'll have a blue highlight to indicate they've been selected). You can change the selection mode in the Object menu or in the lower left corner of the editing window. Options include: one box, generation, all ancestors, all descendants. Last but not least, you can select a group of boxes by dragging across them.

If you want to change the style of individual text elements within a single box, you need to select that text. You can do so by double-clicking on the box of interest, then use the text insertion tool to drag across and highlight the text you want to modify. You exit the mode by clicking outside the box.

Hope this helps.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: CHARTS - formatting

And there are also some chart-wide changes you can make that can be found in the Tree menu, such as orientation, box colors, and line settings.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
      X