This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved files

I moved two files from my drive on my laptop and dragged them into Dropbox so I could work on them on my iMac.

Now I want to put them back in the folder where they belong and I can't get them to go into my Reunion.

What now?

Re: Moved files

Open the local Dropbox folder on your Mac and drag them out. If you have the Dropbox icon up in your task bar, pop the menu and choose Dropbox Folder. If not, the location is your Users folder (the one with that most likely you used your own name for).
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

What I have right now is a mess. All I want is one each in each computers Reunion files and the ability to sync them. I figured if I used Dropbox, that file would be active and accurate. But now that they

Comment

Hi Philip,

The folder that Reunion stores the files in, by default, is:

Documents / Reunion Files /

Open a Finder window (from your Dock, or the Macintosh HD icon on your Desktop) and navigate to this folder, then open a second Finder window and navigate to where your Reunion Family File is stored. Drag-and-drop the file from the second Finder window into the first Finder window.

Note that you can't drag a file into Reunion's "Open" window, this has to be done via normal Finder windows.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Hi Philip,

The folder that Reunion stores the files in, by default, is:

Documents / Reunion Files /

Open a Finder window (from your Dock, or the Macintosh HD icon on your Desktop) and navigate to this folder, then open a second Finder window and navigate to where your Reunion Family File is stored. Drag-and-drop the file from the second Finder window into the first Finder window.

Note that you can't drag a file into Reunion's "Open" window, this has to be done via normal Finder windows.

HTH
          Thank you. I think that worked. Now all I have to do is remember it. I had to drag to the Desktop before it would go into Documents/Reunion files.

Phil
          Last edited by Deb; 20 September 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X