This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 10 and Dropbox on different machines and different OSs

I use Reunion 10.0.6 on my iMac G5 with Mac OS 10.5.8 as well as on my MacBook Pro with 10.6.8. My Familyfiles are stored in Dropbox. So far I didn't have problems working with the different OSs.

Now I got an old MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8 installed. Is it still possible to share the Familyfiles via Dropbox between Mac OS 10.5.8, 10.6.8 and 10.8? Do I have to care which version of Reunion I use? What about the upcoming Mavericks?

Will there be problems with Reunion on iOS7 and the different OSs? Until now I sync the Familyfile between 10.5.8 and my iPad mini.
    Mac OS 10.5.8, OS X 10.11.5, Reunion 10.0.6
    Reunion for iPhone and iPad

Re: Reunion 10 and Dropbox on different machines and different OSs

As long as your Macs all use Reunion 10, you should not have a problem. Do not have it open on more than one machine at a time tho.

Comment

Good to hear/read, thank you!
      Mac OS 10.5.8, OS X 10.11.5, Reunion 10.0.6
      Reunion for iPhone and iPad

Comment

I do it all the time - but I don't have it open on two machines at once, I think that could lead to mistakes or lost data.
        Jamie.

Comment

Reunion warns me if it thinks it is open on another computer and using the same database 'm trying to open. If I make sure it is closed on the other machine, all is well. If I force it to load there is a significant risk the database will be damaged. I always check to see if Dropbox is up to date and idle before opening my familyfile and have had no problems.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X