This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of marriages

How can I have a list of all marriages including multiples weddings ?

Re: List of marriages

Originally posted by rvmorin View Post
    How can I have a list of all marriages including multiples weddings ?
    Well, one possibility is to Find everybody with more than 0 spouses, and then List the result. If you then order the list by marriage date, you will find TWO entries for each marriage, one for each spouse.

If you then export the result into a spreadsheet, you should be able to eliminate the duplicate dates fairly easily. But you will hit problems (a) where you have no marriage date and (b) where you have a person married to an unknown. You will need to adopt special measures for these!

It would take time but should be possible.

Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Comment

Another possibility is to open the List window (press Command - L) and then click "Couples" (in the list on the left).

The list of couples can be configured in many ways, e.g. with different columns of info.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Another possibility is to open the List window (press Command - L) and then click "Couples" (in the list on the left).

The list of couples can be configured in many ways, e.g. with different columns of info.
        Wow! I learn something new every day about Reunion. This one was an eye-opener!
        Much better than my crude attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post

How can I have the parents info?
          Last edited by Deb; 10 October 2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I want to have a list of all marriages in a certain town, including multiple marriages (not only the preferred one). I want also the parents info. At least the parents of one member of the couple.

Comment

I want to have a list of all marriages in a certain town, including multiple marriages (not only the preferred one). I want also the parents info. At least the parents of one member of the couple.
              Try this...

1. Open your family file and choose Find.

2. Click on the Couples tab and select these conditions...

Marriage / Marriage Place ... Contains ... <name of town>

3. Then, click Find.

4. The Results sidebar will show every couple married in that town. Select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Mark menu at the bottom of the sidebar.

5. Then, in the Find panel, click on the People tab and select these conditions...

Attributes / Person Marked ... Yes

6. Next, click Find.

The Results sidebar will show all marked people. (I.e., this will be all "people" who were married in that town and should include both spouses, if a person was married more than once in that same town. For example, Tom and Sue were married in Johnstown. Tom and Sue divorced. Then, Tom married Jane in Johnstown. The list would include Tom, Sue and Jane.)

7. Click on the List icon at the bottom of the sidebar.

8. Finally, adjust the columns in the "List - Results" window to include...

* the name of the parents for each person listed, and
              * the name of the preferred spouse for each person listed.

(As noted above, if a person was married multiple times in the same town, each spouse should be listed in the Results list.)

I hope this is helpful in getting the results you were wanting, or something close to it :-)
              Last edited by Deb; 11 October 2013, 10:16 AM.
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                Try this...

1. Open your family file and choose Find.

2. Click on the Couples tab and select these conditions...

Marriage / Marriage Place ... Contains ... <name of town>

3. Then, click Find.

4. The Results sidebar will show every couple married in that town. Select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Mark menu at the bottom of the sidebar.

5. Then, in the Find panel, click on the People tab and select these conditions...

Attributes / Person Marked ... Yes

6. Next, click Find.

The Results sidebar will show all marked people. (I.e., this will be all "people" who were married in that town and should include both spouses, if a person was married more than once in that same town. For example, Tom and Sue were married in Johnstown. Tom and Sue divorced. Then, Tom married Jane in Johnstown. The list would include Tom, Sue and Jane.)

7. Click on the List icon at the bottom of the sidebar.

8. Finally, adjust the columns in the "List - Results" window to include...

* the name of the parents for each person listed, and
                * the name of the preferred spouse for each person listed.

(As noted above, if a person was married multiple times in the same town, each spouse should be listed in the Results list.)

I hope this is helpful in getting the results you were wanting, or something close to it :-)
                I have done what you told me, but in the list window i have only the marriages with the preferred spouse. I would like to have all the marriages.

Comment

I have done what you told me, but in the list window i have only the marriages with the preferred spouse. I would like to have all the marriages.
                  I'm sorry. Reunion will only list the preferred spouse in the Spouse column.

Perhaps, if there aren't too many, you could "share" that list window and manually edit the spouses in your word processor. (I.e, click the Share button at the bottom of the list window and select your word processor as the destination. Then, click "Open with <your word processor>.")

I hope this will be a viable alternative for you:-)
                  Deb Stuller
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Try the following sequence of steps to produce the list of marriages in a particular town, including all spouses in instances of multiple marriages:

Find 'couples' 'marriage place' 'contains' 'your place'
                    Pop out the results as a List Window using icon at bottom of the results list
                    Change column 1 in the List Window to be 'name' 'husband last first mid'
                    Change column 2 in the List Window to be 'name' 'wife last first mid'
                    Change column 3 in the List Window to be 'marriage' marriage place'
                    Sort column 3 by clicking on the column title.

Now I believe you should see all marriages in your place of interest, including multiple marriages of either spouse.

However this does NOT include names of parents of the couples, as this appears not to be a column option for couples lists. But you can inspect the corresponding family card for this information by double-clicking on any given line in the couples list that the above produces.
                    Byron Spoon

Comment

Working...
                    X