This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple marriages to the same person

My grandmother was married three times. The 1st and 3rd marriages were to the same person. The first marriage ended in divorce, she then married my grandfather who later died, she then met her first husband again and they got married again. I've tried to add the 3rd marriage but the software won't let me. Any suggestions?
    Arnold W. Jensen
    12776 Merribrook Dr.
    Florissant, MO 63033
    arniejen@earthlink.net

Re: Multiple marriages to the same person

Originally posted by arniejen View Post
    My grandmother was married three times. The 1st and 3rd marriages were to the same person. The first marriage ended in divorce, she then married my grandfather who later died, she then met her first husband again and they got married again. I've tried to add the 3rd marriage but the software won't let me. Any suggestions?
    You have to add the 1st husband again with the 2nd husband showing on the card. The only difficulty is when you try to re-add a spouse with that spouse already showing on the family card. It's odd behavior, but easily worked around.

If there were no intervening husband, you can add a "fake" one, add the second marriage, and then delete the fake one.

So, for you, with your grandfather showing on the family card, re-add your grandmother's first husband by dragging him from the sidebar onto your grandmother's area on the card.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
    X