This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic tree

In my family there is a genetic problem. Some are tested and proven carrier, some are highly likely to be carrier. How can I get this information in my database, so that I can get the information to show in a printed family chart?
    I tried "flags" but they don't show.
    Thanks,
    Frans

Re: Genetic tree

Originally posted by FaZant View Post
    In my family there is a genetic problem. Some are tested and proven carrier, some are highly likely to be carrier. How can I get this information in my database, so that I can get the information to show in a printed family chart?
    You can add a "Fact" and have that fact printed on a chart.

For example, you could create a fact "Hemophilia B status" and fill it in accordingly (carrier, hemophiliac, normal clotting). Of course the specifics depend on the genetics.

There are other ways I can think of off the top of my head that would make it look more like a traditional medical chart, but they'd be more trouble and would convey essentially the same information.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      You can add a "Fact" and have that fact printed on a chart.

For example, you could create a fact "Hemophilia B status" and fill it in accordingly (carrier, hemophiliac, normal clotting). Of course the specifics depend on the genetics.

There are other ways I can think of off the top of my head that would make it look more like a traditional medical chart, but they'd be more trouble and would convey essentially the same information.
      Great Dennis. I created a default person fact. In a descendant chart it doesn't appear if the field is empty which is very good. However, there are a few persons where nothing appears although there is data in the field? Any ideas?
      Thanks,
      Frans

Comment

Originally posted by FaZant View Post
        I created a default person fact. In a descendant chart it doesn't appear if the field is empty which is very good. However, there are a few persons where nothing appears although there is data in the field? Any ideas?
        If the data shows for some people it should show for everyone that has data. Is that the problem, or is it that it's not showing up for anyone? I would make sure that the fact is selected (checked off) in the Layout for the descendant chart.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Another place to put that kind of info is in Medical Notes. Go to Notes, Add Note, Click on Medical then Add Note button (or you can make your own note with the name you want. You can then enter the medical information. This might be better than or in addition to your person fact. The Medical Notes will have more room for extended info. I believe this note will show up in some of the reports. You can also add Medical Notes as a default note through the Note Preferences. However, then the field will show up for everyone but won't print unless there is something in the field.

Take a look at "Note Preferences" in the manual (? in lower left corner of the Family or Person view.

Flags might make it easier to search for all those who have that info.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
          X