X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Place names in stored Autocomplete

Hi,
    Can someone tell me how many place names are stored in autocomplete? I can find that Reunions stores 10,000 last names on a modified first-in, first-out basis in autocomplete, but i can not fine any mentioned about the storage capacity for place names.

thanks
    Meg Bate

Re: Number of Place names in stored Autocomplete

The manual doesn't seen to explicitly say how many it stores but does say:

Note: the Usage list that appears under the Places sidebar is limited to 7,500 entries. Thus, if a particular place is used in more than 7,500 different events, the Usage list will appear empty and the text "More than 7500 events use this place" will appear under the Usage button. In this case, clicking the Share button (to print, report, or email the place list, with usage) will include all events that reference the place.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Note: the Usage list that appears under the Places sidebar is limited to 7,500 entries.
      That's interesting information, but I think isn't directly related to the question (usage being different from the place names themselves).

I suspect that all place names are used by autocomplete, because all the place names are stored in an internal data base.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Dennis is correct -- all place names are used for the Autocomplete suggestions.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi all,
          Many thanks for answering my question. I wanted to put this information into an article I was writing about Reunion. I regularly write on Reunion for our local VicGum newsletter and this month's article was dealing focusing on Autocomplete.

Meg Bate

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Dennis is correct -- all place names are used for the Autocomplete suggestions.

HTH
            Thank you, Mark. However, the original question was how many. So, does "all" have an upper limit? (Other than the size of one's hard drive!)
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
              So, does "all" have an upper limit?
              There is no known or intentionally implemented limit. There is, of course, some technical limit where the number of place names would become too much for your Mac to handle depending on available system resources, but that's variable.
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X