This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Margins & Reports

I just made a 12 generation Ancestors Report in a chart format. It has my paternal grandfathers and grandmothers. It takes six pages if printed. If the page margins could be EASILY (easily being the operative word) I might be able to keep husbands and wives on the same page. I read the info about binding margins and I think that 3/4 of an inch would be sufficient. I'd like to be able to share this type of info with other family members, but who wants six disjointed pages? I don't think getting rid of page breaks will help either. Maybe if they could be changed.

Any comments?

Philip

Re: Page Margins & Reports

You can have large charts printed by Heartland Family Graphics (http://www.familygraphics.com/) on continuous paper. Check the bottom of the Reunion Support page.
    Donald W. Moore
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
      I'd like to be able to share this type of info with other family members, but who wants six disjointed pages?
      Well, that's why God invented the Ahnentafel - to share this sort of information without worrying about page breaks.

There's no information that would be on a chart that you can't include in an Ahnentafel report.

If you want to share a pretty chart, there's no substitute for large-format printing, but if you want to share the information on that chart, an Ahnentafel will do nicely!

If you think your relatives need a tree format and won't be able to understand the Ahnentafel report even after you've explained it, you could print out a Cascading Pedigree chart, which isn't as pretty as the pedigree chart, but does handle the page breaks for you.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Necessity is the mother of invention.
        I managed to make the attached. First I made a chart in Reunion. Then I copied the elements into a MS Word document and saved it as a .pdf. Looks pretty good, I think!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
          Then I copied the elements into a MS Word document and saved it as a .pdf.
          This step isn't necessary -- you can save a chart directly to a PDF file, without page breaks, by opening/creating the chart (in Reunion) and selecting:

File -> Save Graphic File...

Then choosing "PDF" for the "File format" in the Save dialogue.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X