This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source Citations: Detail

Many moons ago I imported my entire file from FTM (MS version) to Reunion. When it imported the entire file it took a source citation and made it an individual entry for every occurrence within the Reunion file, some 6,000+ entries. A few weeks back I matched and merged the citations so they are now collapsed into one. A fantastic time saver for sure.

Now I have another unique problem. When it imported the citation (many moons ago) it also added text (eg. Date of Import: 7 Sep 2007) in the detail of the source citation for the individuals and all other occurrences of the citation. Now when I generate a report and apply show citations it shows the superscript for the citation but immediately after it it displays the text 'Date of Import: 7 Sep 2007' immediately next to it.

Are there any suggestions to removing the detail other than the obvious of painstakingly visiting each and every 6,000+ citation entries and removing the detail text. Or alternatively is there a way to suppress the text from displaying on the report?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Hayward...
    Mac Studio, A1 Max, 64GB memory, Sonoma 14.2.1

Re: Source Citations: Detail

I'm new at this so maybe 'barking up the wrong tree'... but if this a field, are you able to go into the source and remove the field you don't want? This way it will be deleted from all references to this source?

Hope this helps.
    I have a MAC OSX 10.9.1
    Using Reunion 10
    Safari

Comment

Working...
    X