This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Spouse of Living Person as Sensitive

I have a number of entries were the Birth and Death Dates of the spouse of a living person are unknown (Blank).
    I want these spouses to be marked as sensitive.
    Can anyone suggest how to find them with the FIND command ?

Re: Mark Spouse of Living Person as Sensitive

Originally posted by Paul Bridges View Post
    I have a number of entries were the Birth and Death Dates of the spouse of a living person are unknown (Blank).
    I want these spouses to be marked as sensitive.
    Can anyone suggest how to find them with the FIND command ?
    Hi Paul,

The steps to identify the spouses of living people with no birth or death dates can be completed by following the steps below. However, if you are wanting to exclude their names/information from reports (like living people are), I believe what you are really wanting to do is mark them as being "Private."

I believe these steps will give you the desired list of people...

1. Choose Find and select "Living" from the Presets list. (Doing so will provide all the conditions needed for this search.) Then, click the Find button.

2. Next, select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Marking Shortcuts menu (at the bottom of the Results sidebar). This will mark all living people in the Results sidebar.

3. Then, select these search conditions to find the spouses of those marked people with no birth or death dates.

Spouses > # of Marked Spouses ... More Than ... 0

And

Events > Birth Date ... Is ... <empty>

And

Events > Death Date ... Is ... <empty>

4. Finally, select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Marking Shortcuts menu (at the bottom of the Results sidebar). Everyone in that list will be marked, making it easy to assign a "Private" flag to them. Afterward, you should adjust your Privacy settings to tell Reunion people with the Private flag are private, in addition to living people.

To add a "Private" flag to that group of marked people, follow these steps...

1. Choose Change > Set Flags

2. Select "Set" Flag: "Private."

3. Select "Marked people."

4. Click "Set."

To adjust your Privacy settings to include people with the Private flag, follow these steps...

1. Choose Reunion -> Preferences and select Privacy & Sensitivity.

2. Under "Who is private," check "People with this flag checked: Private."

Additional information on setting flags and adjusting the Privacy settings can be found in the manual by searching for "set flag" and "privacy." To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you for help in this. Your answer was very clear and saved me a great deal of time.

I have a further question:
      Is there a way to preserve the Flag "Private" when exporting the file as a GEDCOM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bridges View Post
        Is there a way to preserve the Flag "Private" when exporting the file as a GEDCOM ?
        No. Since information for people considered to be private is excluded in the GEDCOM file, the "Private" flag is excluded as well.

However, if other flags (such as Clergy, Earliest Ancestor, etc.) are used for non-private people, they will export in the GEDCOM file :-)
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X