This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6G/7G & Time Machine

Yesterday, I realised that two of my Maurice Talibarts were the same person and merged them. The results looked alarming, so I used Time Machine to go back an hour and start again, and re-did the merge 'by hand' a step at a time (so reassuring to be able to do that!).

Anyway, the result, which I am now satisfied is correct, is that a certain Vincent Talibart is my 6G grandfather by one route and is also my 7G grandfather by another. Now, when I do a fresh Find Relatives, Reunion in some sense has a choice, and it opts to give him the 6G rather than the 7G. Well, OK - but I'm intrigued: how does it decide that?
    Last edited by Michael Talibard; 10 January 2014, 03:38 AM.

Re: 6G/7G & Time Machine

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
    ...it opts to give him the 6G rather than the 7G. Well, OK - but I'm intrigued: how does it decide that?
    Reunion will always attempt to assign the closest blood relationship when identifying relatives. 6G is used because there is one less generation between you and 7G.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: 6G/7G & Time Machine

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Reunion will always attempt to assign the closest blood relationship when identifying relatives. 6G is used because there is one less generation between you and 7G.
      Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
      X