This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MacBook Pro

I am buying a new MacBook, my old laptop is a 2008 MacBook. How do I install Reunion, just download it to my new laptop from the Leister website? Is there a fee? Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to an easier to read screen.

Re: New MacBook Pro

If you had Reunion on your old MacBook you should be able to do a Time Machine backup of the old one and restore everything, applications and all, to the new one. That's the easiest approach.

Otherwise, if it was running on your old computer you can simply copy the application from the Applications folder and the Reunion Files folder from your Documents folder (assuming that's where you put it) and any media folders you set up (if any). It's pretty easy.

Don

Comment

While Don is correct, there is an even easier way. Every Mac for several years now comes with a program named Migration Assistant. Fire it up on the new MacBook Pro and follow the instructions. It will move everything for you for all files and software.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Bob is right. I used Migration Assistant to transfer everything from my wife's old MacBook to her new MacBook Pro. But the process was awfully slow (4 - 5 hrs) using our home WiFi network. I wish I'd bought an optional Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter ($29.00) to reduce the time required for the process to a minimum. And I recommend you buy one for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
        X