This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown coloured 'relationship'....

when i'm in Tree View how do i remove the brown coloured 'relationship' designation in the person's button ????

i've found that occasionally it has not been correct, so i would prefer to get rid of it.

also as i will be giving my tree chart to a number of different people, & each person's relationship will be different to other relatives.

thanks.
    cheerio Carola :-)

RESEARCHING (on German paternal side):- Franke, Fritzsche, Giske, Joachimsthal, Müller, Querengässer, Rosenbaum, Teetz, Uhlemann, Wahl, Völker/t

Re: Brown coloured 'relationship'....

Originally posted by Carola H. View Post
    when i'm in Tree View how do i remove the brown coloured 'relationship' designation in the person's button ????

i've found that occasionally it has not been correct, so i would prefer to get rid of it.

also as i will be giving my tree chart to a number of different people, & each person's relationship will be different to other relatives.
    [1] make the Relationships sidebar active if it isn't (click on relatives at the bottom of the navbar)
    [2] click on the "Change" button at the top of the Relationships sidebar
    [3] click on the "Clear Relationship Fields" button

If you ever find that the relationships aren't correct, it's probably because you've changed the tree without updating the relationship fields. All you have to do to fix them is to drag the source person to the relationship sidebar, or use the recalculate button where the "Clear Relationship Fields" button was.

Though for distribution to different people, elimination is probably easier than recalculating for each person.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Carola H. View Post
      Click on the
      Byron Spoon

Comment

Thanks Dennis & Byron. I've learned something new from both your suggestions. I tried Dennis's suggestion first, it worked, & then i re-did the relationship again & tried Byron's method & it worked too.
        Last edited by Carola H.; 13 April 2014, 09:28 PM.
        cheerio Carola :-)

RESEARCHING (on German paternal side):- Franke, Fritzsche, Giske, Joachimsthal, Müller, Querengässer, Rosenbaum, Teetz, Uhlemann, Wahl, Völker/t

Comment

Wrong "tentative" relationship - Re: Brown coloured 'relationship'....

I have tried both the suggestions made to Carola and they have not solved my problem.
          I have a GGG Grandfather correctly labeled. Then I found a possible brother of this man and added him. The brother is also labeled as my GGG Grandfather even though he has no offspring listed. The only thing I can think of is that the brother has the child status flag of "tentative," but would that make a difference? The relationship calculator correctly recognizes the two men as brothers, but I don't understand why the potential GGGUncle is being labeled as a direct ancestor. I have tried updating the source and the relationships, turning relationships off and then rebuilding them, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks, Emily

Comment

Re: Wrong "tentative" relationship - Re: Brown coloured 'relationship'....

Originally posted by EmilyHegarty View Post
            ...I have a GGG Grandfather correctly labeled. Then I found a possible brother of this man and added him. The brother is also labeled as my GGG Grandfather even though he has no offspring listed...
            The relationship calculator correctly recognizes the two men as brothers, but I don't understand why the potential GGGUncle is being labeled as a direct ancestor. I have tried updating the source and the relationships, turning relationships off and then rebuilding them, etc. Any ideas?
            Yes. Since clearing and recalculating relationships did not help, it sounds like there could be a linking issue in the family file. If that is the case, the simple solution is for you to send your family file to us. (The default location for a family file is in your Home/Documents/Reunion Files folder.)

If you use Mail for your email, an easy way to attach that family file to an email is to locate the file in your Finder and drag and drop it onto the Mail icon on your Dock.

Address the email to...

sales@leisterpro.com

...and include a note reminding me of the problem. (Be sure to including the names of the people involved.)

Note: the information in that family file is kept strictly confidential. (I.e., we would only look at it to determine and fix the problem.)

The fixed file would be returned it to you via email. Please do not edit that family file until you hear back from us.

Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: wrong tentative relationship was Re: Brown coloured 'relationship'....

Thanks, Deb!
              I sent you an email with the file.

Comment

Working...
              X