This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step children

My wife has three children from a previous marriage. And we have 4 children of our own. Is it possible to display all children in the tree view? ? ?

Re: Step children

If you navigate to her parents in the Tree View (so that they're the source of the tree) it should show all of the children.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      If you navigate to her parents in the Tree View (so that they're the source of the tree) it should show all of the children.
      But I would like it to show if the Tree View of our current marriage, with both the up and down generations. Is this possible ? ? ? If not, is there an update coming to correct it ? ?
      Last edited by Deb; 20 June 2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Although it's not a part of Tree View, you can get a chart showing all of the right people by:

- navigating to the Family View of one of the 4 children of yours

- changing to Charts view

- selecting the Relative chart option and clicking the Create Chart button

If you end up with too many extraneous people, you can first start by marking the people you want to keep in the chart -- that's a separate discussion -- and end in the Charts view by checking the Prune Marked relatives only box before clicking the Create Chart button.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jack t View Post
          But I would like it to show if the Tree View of our current marriage, with both the up and down generations. Is this possible ? ? ?
          Currently, no. The Tree view shows the ancestors of the current couple and the descendants of that couple, it currently doesn't show descendants of anyone but the source couple. If one of the couple has descendants through another spouse, they are not shown because they are not descendants of the source couple. This is how it's intended to work.

If not, is there an update coming to correct it ? ?
          I can make an entry in our internal wish list requesting this ability be added to the Tree View, but I can't promise that it will be implemented -- only that it will be considered.

HTH
          Last edited by Mark; 23 June 2014, 02:04 PM.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X