This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEDCOM import sticks

I am trying to import a GEDCOM (generated by PHPGedView) and each time Reunion just gets stuck on "Importing file". It only happens with this GEDCOM file so I assume it is a problem with that file, but any suggestions as to how I can find what the problem is?

I am using Reunion 10.0.6 on a Macbook Air running OSX 10.9.3.

Thanks
    Andrew

Re: GEDCOM import sticks

Originally posted by A Hougie View Post
    I am trying to import a GEDCOM (generated by PHPGedView) and each time Reunion just gets stuck on "Importing file". It only happens with this GEDCOM file so I assume it is a problem with that file, but any suggestions as to how I can find what the problem is?...
    Hi Andrew,

Since the problem is only seen when attempting to import that particular GEDCOM file, I do agree that there is something in that file causing the problem.

But, without seeing the GEDCOM file, it is difficult to offer any suggestions. (I.e., there could be a few things causing the import to freeze at a certain point, all of which deal with the formatting of the GEDCOM file.)

Therefore, I recommend you send the GEDCOM file to me at...

sales@leisterpro.com

...along with a note as a reminder of the problem.

In most instances, our engineers are able to tweak problem GEDCOM files to help them import into Reunion. And, afterward, I would return the fixed file back to you by email.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X