X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date and Place consternation

Hello All,

I believe I saw a discussion of this issue but I cannot find it so I apologize if this has been covered.

For some reason Leister does not allow different citations for the Date and Place fields under the Events Tab, of the Edit Person View. But often those two pieces of information come from different sources, so how do others handle this?

I an hoping that Leister will change this in future updates but until then I highlight the date field, and add a source citation, then I highlight the Place field and do the same. This may create two notations of the same information in some cases. I know what that means to me but will others?

I hope some of you may have a good work around to this dilemma, and I hope Frank Leister will give us his thoughts as well.

Thanks to all,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: Date and Place consternation

I often note what the source pertains to in the source detail field. This is unique to the particular instance the source is used.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Date and Place consternation

I'm sure this has been raised before but I entirely agree that a separate source for the date and the place would be a great improvement.

Jamie.

Comment

Working...
      X