This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baptism/Birth

For many of my ancestors going back a few hundred years all I have are baptismal records, but not birth records. Is there a way to show the baptismal info on Family Group sheets and other reports? I'd like to be accurate when recording it as a baptismal record but if I can't get it in the report, I see not option but to record it as date of birth.

Anyone have suggestions?

Re: Baptism/Birth

Originally posted by eventide View Post
    Is there a way to show the baptismal info on Family Group sheets and other reports?
    On charts, you can set a preference to use baptism dates when birth dates aren't available, and burial dates when death dates aren't available. Search the manual for "Substitute Events" for details.

Family Group Sheets and other reports can be customized to include baptisms. You can search the manual for "Defining Your Own Report Layouts" for this one.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks Dennis.

I set the preferences to say if No Birth Date exists, substitute baptism. It sounds like it should* work. But when I ran the report, nothing showed on the reports for birth or baptism.

I've attached screenshots. Not sure what to do from here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eventide View Post
        I set the preferences to say if No Birth Date exists, substitute baptism. It sounds like it should* work. But when I ran the report, nothing showed on the reports for birth or baptism.
        Yes, that's for charts, not reports.

You can't substitute on reports, but you can add the baptism field to reports so that it will show. That's what 'Defining Your Own Report Layouts" tells how to do.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X