This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web project format question

I have been creating web projects and dropping them into Dropbox as a means of making small portions of the entire database available to cousins. It works tremendously well as some of them become engaged and interested and others express an interest in collaborating with me. Sorry for the preamble; just wanted to give kudos to the Leister Team for the tools to allow me to do that.

The web cards use abbreviations for born (b.), marriage (m.) cause of death (cod.), etc,. Are there any preference settings in Reunion or choice of web project styles that would cause the entire text/words to display?
    Hayward...
    Mac Studio, A1 Max, 64GB memory, Sonoma 14.2.1

Re: Web project format question

Originally posted by HJKeats View Post
    I have been creating web projects and dropping them into Dropbox as a means of making small portions of the entire database available to cousins...

The web cards use abbreviations for born (b.), marriage (m.) cause of death (cod.), etc,. Are there any preference settings in Reunion...that would cause the entire text/words to display?
    Yes. However, this would only be helpful with shorter field titles. (I.e., fields like birth, death, burial, etc.)

The abbreviations used on web cards are what we call "Short" abbreviations, which have a character limit of six characters. To edit the existing "Short" abbreviations, open your family file and choose Reunion -> Preferences. Then, select Fields.

Additional information on how to edit field abbreviations can be found in your manual by searching for "edit abbreviation," (without the punctuation). To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Web project format question

Hi Deb,

It was helpful, thanks so much for your reply to my question.
      Hayward...
      Mac Studio, A1 Max, 64GB memory, Sonoma 14.2.1

Comment

Working...
      X