This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interfamily Marriages

When I was reading the thread about Step-Ancestors and looking in the manual, I ran across a section where I seem to have something missing.

---
    Interfamily Marriages

An "interfamily marriage" occurs when a person is related, by blood, to his or her spouse. If the ancestry of each person in the marriage is complete (in the Reunion family file), then a family will exist at the intersection where the direct-line ancestors meet. This is sometimes referred to as the "Common Ancestor"
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
    Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Re: Interfamily Marriages

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
    ---

I have NO "Interfamily Marriages" selection in my Presets list. Have I somehow deleted something that should be there? And if so, how can I get it back?
    Interfamily Marriages is the last item in the list (20th out of 20) in my Reunion.
    Réal Rodrigue {Rodrigue, Rioux, Labrecque, Pearson ...}
    http://www.rodrigue.phpnet.org/
    Reunion 10.0.6 & 11.0.6; Reunion for iPad; Reunion for iPhone
    MacBook Pro — OSX 10.10.5 ; iPhone 5 — iOS 9.0.2 ; iPad Mini 2 Retina — iOS 9.0.2
    Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigue View Post
      Interfamily Marriages is the last item in the list (20th out of 20) in my Reunion.
      Hmmm...my list of presets has 17 items.
      John Bastin
      jbastin1@me.com
      Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher

Comment

My main family file which I've upgraded from version to version over the years has 17 presets, and doesn't include interfamily marriages.

If I create a new file, there are 20 presets which do include interfamily marriages.

Perhaps you can create a new (empty) file and import your old file for the purposes of doing the search.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Same boat here. Hummm

Tried rebuilding cache & saving a backup copy. Neither works.

Perhaps Leister can provide a way to 'upgrade' these family files easily.
          rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

The Interfamily Marriage preset (in the Find > Presets list) was added as a preset in Reunion 10; but, when upgrading an older family file, the existing presets are not altered. (Thus, the Interfamily Marriage preset isn't added to the list when upgrading.)

However, any Reunion 10 user can access the feature by clicking Find in the navbar and then setting up this...

Look for: Couples
            Conditions: Attributes > Interfamily Marriage — Yes

And you can save that search as a Preset, using the + button under the Presets list.
            Frank Leister
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Works like a charm! Thank you Frank!

Now to find and add the other two.

Edit: They are 'New Year's Babies' and 'With Multiple Parents', however, they do not show up anywhere to add. No 'biggie' for me, but some may want them.
              Last edited by SGilbert; 16 September 2014, 12:27 PM.
              rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

And I just updated the manual to make this all clear, moving forward.
                Frank Leister
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Frank;42090]The Interfamily Marriage preset (in the Find > Presets list) was added as a preset in Reunion 10; but, when upgrading an older family file, the existing presets are not altered. (Thus, the Interfamily Marriage preset isn't added to the list when upgrading.)

However, any Reunion 10 user can access the feature by clicking Find in the navbar and then setting up this...

Look for: Couples
                  Conditions: Attributes > Interfamily Marriage
                  John Bastin
                  jbastin1@me.com

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
                    Works like a charm! Thank you Frank!

Now to find and add the other two.

Edit: They are 'New Year's Babies' and 'With Multiple Parents', however, they do not show up anywhere to add. No 'biggie' for me, but some may want them.
                    Hmmm...I had 17 presets (now 18) and I had "New Year's Babies." I wonder what I'm missing besides the "Multiple Parents" one you mentioned.
                    John Bastin
                    jbastin1@me.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
                      Hmmm...I had 17 presets (now 18) and I had "New Year's Babies." I wonder what I'm missing besides the "Multiple Parents" one you mentioned.
                      Never mind, I just opened a new blank family file, looked at "Find," compared the preset lists and built the ones I was missing.
                      John Bastin
                      jbastin1@me.com

Comment

Working...
                      X