This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information Order in Pedigree Chart

I am having one problem in printing Pedigree Charts. In family view, select the starting person for the pedigree chart. In the Nav bar, select Charts. On the next page, select Pedigree, then click on Box Setup. In the next page, select the third radio button:
    Name
    b
    bp
    m
    mp
    d
    dp

Click on Save, then click on Create Chart. I get a really nice chart, but .... (there's always a but, isn't there?) the order of the information in each box is:
    Name
    b
    bp
    d
    dp
    m
    mp

I really wanted the order as proposed in the Box Setup dialog. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for personal reasons, I would like to number the boxes on the page 1-15 outside the boxes and independent of the home individual. I would also like to credit Reunion as the creator of the chart, and maybe put my contact information there. Is is possible to define a default format with these items as I want them?

-----===== Bill =====-----

Re: Information Order in Pedigree Chart

There's no box setup option in pedigree charts, although it is available in the cascading pedigree setup. The corresponding function for pedigree charts is Define Layouts, but there doesn't seem to be a radio button option for info order as you've described in either pedigree or cascading pedigree charts, so I'm at a loss for suggestions on this.

To have a default signature, you can open a chart, select from the main menu Edit->Add Text-> Signature. Then change it to the way you want, make sure it's selected, then choose from the main menu Object->Save Default Text Attributes->Signature.

You can add numbers next to boxes by using the Add Text function, but in general it'll have to be done manually every time.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      There's no box setup option in pedigree charts, although it is available in the cascading pedigree setup. The corresponding function for pedigree charts is Define Layouts, but there doesn't seem to be a radio button option for info order as you've described in either pedigree or cascading pedigree charts, so I'm at a loss for suggestions on this.

To have a default signature, you can open a chart, select from the main menu Edit->Add Text-> Signature. Then change it to the way you want, make sure it's selected, then choose from the main menu Object->Save Default Text Attributes->Signature.

You can add numbers next to boxes by using the Add Text function, but in general it'll have to be done manually every time.
      Tim,

Thanks for the response. I had received a pedigree chart from someone I communicate with, and his chart had the birth, marriage, death order, so I wondered how he did that. Turns out he is still using Reunion 8.something. I guess that "feature" changed somewhere between 8 and 10.

Actually there is a box setup option. Select Charts, Pedigree. Just above the Create Chart button is a box setup button. At least there is one in my Reunion.

And, thank you for the signature, etc. suggestion and the instructions for adding box numbers. What I was hoping for was the ability to do that once as a default, and have that used for each pedigree chart I create. I can do it by hand, its just slower. And error prone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Guion View Post
        Tim,

Actually there is a box setup option. Select Charts, Pedigree. Just above the Create Chart button is a box setup button. At least there is one in my Reunion.

The "Box Setup" option is only present in the Pedigree chart setup if you have the "Limit to one page" box checked.

Hope this helps.
        John Bastin
        jbastin1@me.com
        Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
        Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
          The "Box Setup" option is only present in the Pedigree chart setup if you have the "Limit to one page" box checked.

Hope this helps.
          There's a lot to keep track of in Reunion! Thankfully, the basics are pretty straightforward.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
          X