This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving maternal side of family tree

I want to know if it is possible to export my husband's mother's ancestors to his sister's tree. They did not have the same father so the paternal ancestors of my husband are not hers.

Re: Moving maternal side of family tree

Originally posted by Helen Langdon View Post
    I want to know if it is possible to export my husband's mother's ancestors to his sister's tree. They did not have the same father so the paternal ancestors of my husband are not hers.
    Could you be clearer about what you want to do?

Everyone is all in my one data base, and, if I want to see only the relatives or ancestors of one person, Reunion will do that easily.

Do you want to export only our sister-in-laws relatives so she can buy Reunion and start researching herself?, then make her source, mark relatives, mark parents of marked people, mark spouses of marked people, and copy that file for her, that should get most of what you want.

or do you just want to show the to her, in which case, make her the source person and create relative list, or Register or whatever suits you.
    Mary Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Arthur View Post
      Could you be clearer about what you want to do?

Everyone is all in my one data base, and, if I want to see only the relatives or ancestors of one person, Reunion will do that easily.

Do you want to export only our sister-in-laws relatives so she can buy Reunion and start researching herself?, then make her source, mark relatives, mark parents of marked people, mark spouses of marked people, and copy that file for her, that should get most of what you want.

or do you just want to show the to her, in which case, make her the source person and create relative list, or Register or whatever suits you.

What I want to do is have a new family tree for her in order to show her paternal side. Her father is not my husband's father so she has different ancestors on that side. I want to make a brand new tree and export the maternal side to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen Langdon View Post
        Hi Helen

What I would do is to leave them all in the same tree. Where you have your husband and his sister with your husband's parents I would create a new husband for the mother and put the sister's father's name there (and put in the details of their marriage / co-habitation, whatever). Then I would go down to the "children" button and tell it "to add a female child from the sidebar". This should then bring up a list of all those children with the same surname as the sister's father. If she shares her father's surname her name should appear there and then you just drag the person across to the child area.

If she is using a different surname then list the surname she's using in the search bar and find her and bring her across.

Then you're asked if you wish to add the child and you say Add, then you are given the option of moving or duplicating. You want to duplicate the sister so that she will appear still in your husband's family as well as with her natural parents.

Hope this helps
        Kaye

Comment

Working...
        X