X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yosimite Issues?

Frank thanks for help with problem with early release
    note:- re testing Saved a copy of uk 1851 to multimedia for an individual the multimedia showed preference ticked could not remove prefered preference for this item -sure you are aware but just in case cheers J Petty
    Last edited by Frank; 13 November 2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Re: Yosemite Issues?

Originally posted by james petty View Post
      ...Saved a copy of uk 1851 to multimedia for an individual the multimedia showed preference ticked could not remove prefered preference for this item -sure you are aware but just in case cheers J Petty
      Hi James, So far, we can't duplicate a problem here (with multimedia and preferred pictures). Does the problem happen for other individuals in your family file? For all types of media files (PDF, JPG, etc)?
      Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:37 AM.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Hi James, So far, we can't duplicate a problem here (with multimedia and preferred pictures). Does the problem happen for other individuals in your family file? For all types of media files (PDF, JPG, etc)?
        Hi Frank it only occurs if a preferred picture does not already exist for the person it has occured on the 15 people I tried it on and I have tried JPG, JPEG, AND PDF i tried removing the preferred selection tick on the multimedia person section of the sidebar also tried removing selection by double clicking the media in this section which then opens media screen for the individual then tried removing preferred selection by double clicking media selection only thing able to do to remove media nb.version 10 works ok with the same media cheers Jim Petty

Comment

OK, we figured this one out.
          The problem is limited to right-clicking (or control-clicking) a thumbnail image in the Multimedia sidebar or in the Media window.
          The good news is that the Tools button, and its menu, at the bottom of the Multimedia sidebar and Media window still work.
          Also, in the Media window, the check-box button "Preferred" still works.
          So, at least there are a few other ways to designate the image as not-preferred -- instead of using the control/right-click menu.
          Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
          Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:37 AM.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

No problem found one more that may interest when entering multimedia I often drag and drop copies of media from the parents media across and down to drop on a child of the parent in the copy of reunion the copy does not drop and remain in the childs media file this works on reunion 10 Cheers Jim Petty

Comment

Originally posted by james petty View Post
              ... I often drag and drop copies of media from the parents media across and down to drop on a child...
              Where in the interface are you dragging the media item from? I've tested dragging from the Parent Buttons, the Multimedia sidebar, and the thumbnails at left of the Media window but have not been able to duplicate this. Note that before "dropping" the media item you should see a black rectangle around the child button and a green + icon by your mouse cursor - this indicates that you're cursor has entered an area where the "drop" will register.
              Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:36 AM.
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Mark I am in My Family File with Multimedia for male female and family shown in the right hand panes
                in the centre pane below male female in have the children -I grab a photo or document thumbnail from the multimedia below the male (The male banner has the number of thumbnails on the Left of his name and the add sign on the right) and pull it to a child a green plus symbol shows also the child has a black line around and I drop it onto the child . when I then open the child and check his media the photo does not show and has not attached (The number of thumbnails on the left of his name has also not increased)
                Doing exactly the same moves with the same people on the latest released version when i open the child and check his media the photo or document shows Hope this helps Jim
                Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: further information

Comment

Hello,

Sources-information is not included in a Reunion 10.0.7 report, if one of the sources field (containing information to be printed) is preceded by a sources field, where "Excludes from endnotes" is checked. This problem does not occur in 10.0.6.
                  Regards
                  Reiner
                  SauerRL@me.com • info@reunion-de.de
                  Web: http://www.schevenhuette.com
                  Web: http://www.reunion-de.de

Comment

We've uploaded a beta version of Reunion 10.0.7 which addresses the problem with Find-and-Replace broken by Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

...snip...
                    This is outstanding. Thank you!

Comment

Although Reunion 10.0.7-beta fixes the problem with Yosemite and Find-and-Replace, we consider it a beta release (as its title implies) as it has only been subject to "in-house" testing thus far.

Click this link to download Reunion 10.0.7-beta
                      No link - has it been withdrawn?
                      Last edited by Frank; 07 December 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

See: http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...sxyosemite.php
                        Frans van Bodegom
                        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Having decided to change from a PC to a Mac I brought a new Apple Mac recently and attempted to load my Reunion 10 disc today only to find a message to say there was a problem and it would not load so I sent a report to Apple. It looks to me that my OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 could be the problem?

Comment

There shouldn't be a problem running Reunion 10 on Yosemite. Yosemite introduced a couple of bugs, but overall, Reunion still runs fine.

You might try down loading Reunion 10.0.6 from here:

The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.

You should be able to use the license key from your CD to unlock the downloaded version once installed.
                            Tim Lundin
                            Heartland Family Graphics
                            http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by fjvanbodegom View Post
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Taylor View Post
                                Having decided to change from a PC to a Mac I brought a new Apple Mac recently and attempted to load my Reunion 10 disc today only to find a message to say there was a problem and it would not load so I sent a report to Apple. It looks to me that my OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 could be the problem?
                                We can better help you if you would share what the error message actually said. Limiting messages to only say "there is a problem" without any clues or explanation happens all the time in Windows but is rare in the Mac OS.
                                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
                                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Working...
                                X