This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifting from TMG to Reunion

With the discontinuation of The Master Genealogist I'm test driving Reunion. I use TMG largely to keep track of families and individuals associated with a long-term historical study of land use in a community. One of the most useful features in TMG was the Person Screen that included all the data for an individual. Is there anything similar in Reunion? So far I've only found the Family View. Thanks for the help.

Re: Shifting from TMG to Reunion

Take a look at the Person Sheet under the Reports section to see if that is more or less what you need.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by pobannon View Post
      With the discontinuation of The Master Genealogist I'm test driving Reunion. I use TMG largely to keep track of families and individuals associated with a long-term historical study of land use in a community. One of the most useful features in TMG was the Person Screen that included all the data for an individual. Is there anything similar in Reunion? So far I've only found the Family View. Thanks for the help.
      I too used TMG as my main database, but I also used Reunion. In Reunion I could use special characters in names and places that were unavailable to me in TMG. But that is as far as I used Reunion.

I guess the personal page is about as close as we can get. My problem is printing out the personal page. Only birth, death and burial show, is there a way to show all the events for the person: Census, immigration (passenger list), naturalization etc.

I also miss so many of the report options I had with TMG. For example, I could find everyone who was was missing census data. Or I could list everyone I had that an obituary.

Arleen

Comment

Originally posted by Arleen G. View Post
        I too used TMG as my main database, but I also used Reunion. In Reunion I could use special characters in names and places that were unavailable to me in TMG. But that is as far as I used Reunion.

I guess the personal page is about as close as we can get. My problem is printing out the personal page. Only birth, death and burial show, is there a way to show all the events for the person: Census, immigration (passenger list), naturalization etc.

I also miss so many of the report options I had with TMG. For example, I could find everyone who was was missing census data. Or I could list everyone I had that an obituary.

Arleen
        I also like to be able to search for the presence of obituaries and headstone photos, to let me know what people in my file are missing these items. I use Flags for this purpose. I have a flag for obituary and a flag for headstone (among others) that I check for each person where these items are present.

I just set a Find parameter for the presence or absence of a flag, to learn the status of these selections.

Hope this helps.
        John Bastin
        jbastin1@me.com
        Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
        Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Arleen G. View Post
          If you're referring to the Person Sheet, in the Reports panel, you can click on the Layouts pick list and choose Define Layouts. From here, you can add whatever data fields you'd like to include.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
          X