Copying citations between Family Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying citations between Family Files

I'm having a problem copying Source Citations between Family files. (Well, I can't.) I use both Reunion as well as Ancestry. I downloaded a gedcom file from Ancestry, created a new Family File in Reunion, and imported it. I now have both my 'original' Reunion Family file and my 'new' Ancestry Family file open side by side on the screen, and am comparing each individual. The Ancestry one has details the Reunion one does not; for example when looking at the Name panel for my GGG grandfather there are 5 "Source Citations:Names" that I would like to copy into the 'original' Family file'. But it seems I can't copy and paste! I can right click and copy the citation(s), however when I go the 'original' Family file, I can't paste, nor can I click and drag. The only option is 'Add Source' but no option there to paste. Is there a way to copy material between two Family Files without merging the files? I have attached 2 images to illustrate. Thanks in advance.
    Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

Re: Copying citations between Family Files

Originally posted by comefromaway View Post
    ... however when I go the 'original' Family file, I can't paste, nor can I click and drag.
    It's not possible to copy and paste citations between family files.

However, you can drag-and-drop sources between family files - that is, drag a source from the Sources sidebar/list in one family file to the Sources sidebar/list in the other family file.

Then drag the new source that's created from the Sources sidebar into the Citations list to create the wanted source citation. You'll need to either re-enter or copy-and-paste any citation detail for the citation.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Copying citations between Family Files

Thank your for your prompt solution!
      Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

Comment

Working...
      X