Source for "No Children"

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Molly Stone
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 1

    #1

    Source for "No Children"

    Is it possible to add a source for the "no children" designation? I'd like to be able to do so when I have specific information that a couple had no children as opposed to just not knowing. Thanks!
  • kmgenealogy
    Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 424

    #2
    Good question, Molly! I would like to know, too!
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

    Comment

    • Susan Cocker Hopkins
      Member
      • Mar 2019
      • 16

      #3
      When I have something that needs an explanation, as opposed to a straight standard type of source, I have a source I've called "Hopkins, Susan: comments of". Then, when I use that source, I add my thinking in the details for that use. Thinking as I write about the particular instance you ask about, in the citation detail I might write something like "family lore", "personal knowledge", or "no sign of children in sources found thus far".

      Comment

      • A Hougie
        Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 70

        #4
        I don't think Reunion has the facility to add a source for "no children", but the fact is that there can be sources - an autobiography or obituary perhaps - so this seems to be a flaw.

        Comment

        • Barnbarroch
          Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 211

          #5
          Originally posted by A Hougie View Post
          I don't think Reunion has the facility to add a source for "no children", but the fact is that there can be sources - an autobiography or obituary perhaps - so this seems to be a flaw.
          I've often thought the same.

          Comment

          • edohmann
            Member
            • Mar 2005
            • 29

            #6
            The "No Children" status is essentially just a flag setting. It is not possible to attach sources to individual flags, so I presume that same logic was used in regard to the No Children flag. If you want to enter sources or any other information about any flag (individual or couple), you can create one or more Notes to add explanations or attach sources related to the flag.

            Comment

            • eric.vanbeest
              Member
              • Oct 2018
              • 129

              #7
              I would add the Source to the Death record for the person (if single) or the Marriage record (for the couple) adding 'no children confirmed' in the Detail line for the source.

              Flags do not have sources and do not travel between programs. There is also no other way to communicate between programs that a person or couple is confirmed as not having children.
              --
              Eric Van Beest
              Haarlem, Netherlands

              Researching: Van Beest, Feijen, Van Herk

              Comment

              Working...