Can Family Files be placed in a Shared folder on iMac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Family Files be placed in a Shared folder on iMac

We have a 2021 iMac running Ventura with two User accounts. We both use Reunion 13 for our Family Files in our own iMac accounts.

Currently our Family Files are in my Dropbox account and shared with my partner’s Dropbox account so that our family files can also very occasionally be accessed from a MacBook Pro.

I have spent hours trying to figure out Dropbox’s latest problem and I have decided I just don’t want to deal with it anymore. I realize this means we cannot use Reunion on the laptop or even Reunion Touch on the iPhone. But I have had enough of trying to understand Dropbox and it is not worth it. I want to go back to the days when I did not worry about why there was a conflicting family file or one that was up to date on one device and not up to date on the other. So I am not asking for help with that.

I know that the default location for a Reunion FamilyFile is in Home/Documents/Reunion Files. Am I correct that if I move both our Family Files from Dropbox to my Home folder, they will not be accessible from the other User account on the iMac?

On the iMac we have a Shared Folder from which we are able to access each other’s files. Is there any reason I could not create a Reunion Folder within Shared and move the Family Files there?

I know I can just drag the Family Files out of Dropbox and into another folder on the iMac. Will there be any other unanticipated consequences of this move? Anything I need to “reset” or watch out for?

Thanks very much! I look forward to getting this problem solved so I can get Reunion 14 and do genealogy!

I cannot think of any reason your plan wouldn't work.
    I would, however, put an alias of the family file, for each of you, on the dock for easy access.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Working...
    X